Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Big Day!

Well, a lot led up to the day the babies were born.  We had to move to my parents home for a while.  Brooklynn had to change schools in the middle of Kindergarten and Matt had to find work there.  I was expected to be in the hospital for a while.  I was able to stay at my moms until I was 28weeks.  The doctor said it was to risky to stay out any longer. (Especially because we were 4hours from the hospital.)  So, on March 13 2007, Matt had to drop me off and head back to my parents and the girls.  I was really upset.  Not only did I not want to
be there, but this was the first time I was going to be away from 
my girls for so long.  I think I 
cried for 2 hours after he left.   The doctor said if I made it to 34 weeks he would deliver the babies.  So, I did what I could to get there.  On April 24, 2007 (34 weeks) we delivered 4 healthy babies.  
 
    

Shilah Ann (Baby A)     4# 10oz
        Alexandria "Lexie" Britt (Baby B) 4# 7oz
Maddox Conner (Baby C) 5#
Rylee Danielle (Baby D) 4# 15 1/2oz

It was a great delivery with no complications.  I give all the credit to my 
wonderful doctors and nurses,  they were amazing.  Now it is time for me to recover and try to figure out what I am suppose to do with these beautiful babies.  Maddox
and Rylee were released from the hospital the following Wed. (Only 8 days later) and Lexie and Shilah were released on Friday (only 10 
days after they were born)!  The doctors and nurses must of felt pretty confident that we were all going to be okay.  I was pretty nervous to walk out with 4 infants under 5#! 

1 comment:

Colorado105 said...

I am just reading this even though I have been following you for some time. I just realized that Shilah, Lexie, Maddox, and Rylee's middle initials are the letter baby they were!
Shilah Ann (A)
Lexie Britt (B)
Maddox Conner (C)
Rylee Danielle (D)

I think that that is so clever!