Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1st Hair Cuts!!!(don't forget to vote------------------>)

April 19th

Today is the day of the babies 1st Hair Cuts.  I am so sad to be cutting off their baby hair, it means they are growing up.  Aunt Melanie is a hair stylist so we drove over to Buffalo to have her do the job!  She wanted to give the babies their 1st cuts.  

Maddox


Ya I know, the Ladies are gonna love me!



Gotta keep smiling, even if Aunt Mel is taking a blade to my head!  It's all for the ladies!





Oh ya, I'm lookin sharp with my new look!  I'm ready to go out on the town.  



Ladies here I come!



Rylee

Rylee didn't really need a hair cut.  But, she amused us and was really good!

Oh sure, cuddle up before you take the scissors to my head!
(This is Aunt Melanie with Rylee)


I'll keep my eyes closed, its too scary!


Whew, its all over!  I guess it wasn't that bad.  Thanks Aunt Melanie.



Shilah

Okay, now its Shilahs turn.  She had some crazy hair going on.  Some pieces grew really long by her ears.  It really did look kind of funny. 

This is cool.  We are finally out of the house.  I don't know what I am doing, but I guess I'll smile pretty.


Okay, I'm not so sure about this.  What is Aunt Melanie doing with a sharp object?


I survived, but I'm still not so sure about all of this.


Lexie

Lexie probably needed a hair cut the most out of all the girls.  She had some funky pieces of hair growing at all different lengths.  

What are we doing?  I just woke up from a nap.  Let me go back to sleep you crazy people!


When will this be over.  I have beauty sleep I need to get back to!



If I give you a smile can I go back to sleep?


We got everyones hair cut, and I survived.  I have this thing with hair.  I am very attached to my children's hair for some reason.  I don't like cutting it so this was a huge step for me!  (I know Melanie is laughing right now as she reads this, but it is a known fact about me)!  The kids definitely look better and Maddox is so handsome!  I love his new cut.  Thanks Mel!












12 comments:

Lisa & Gerald said...

WOW! the little ones are growing up 1st hair cuts. They are so sweet!

Erika and Jason said...

How fun that they were all able to have Melanie cut their hair. I need her to cut my hair too. I can't wait until I can see them.

debi9kids said...

OH! I am the same! I CRIED when I got Emma & Will's hair cut. They are my last babies and cutting that hair was like a final blow to my system. Whaaaa!
Your kiddies all look just beautiful with their new hairdos!

Jenn K said...

Looking Good!!

Love that you captured the befores and afters!

Charity Donovan said...

They look adorable! So grown up! The first haircut is so fun but I agree with you...it's a little sad. They look so dang cute though!

Cheri and David said...

I was so excited to find your blog. My mom had sent me some stories about you and your amazing family. I'll send ya an email!

Cheri and David said...

Okay I can't figure out how to email you, but here's mine. When you get a chance, it'd be fun to catch up! It's been a LONG time! clsaltzman@hotmail.com

Charity Donovan said...

Maureen,
I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow girl! Wanted to show some love to all the hardest working mom's I know! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Lisa & Gerald said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU !

Clarissa said...

I understand not wanting to cut their hair. I dread that day but it's coming all too soon I afraid. They look adorable though with the new dos.

HOpe you had a good Mother's Day also.

Jennifer Anderson Photography said...

Hi Maureen!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry I have no gotten back to you---i've been slacking big time on my personal blog.
i use PS CS3 for all my editing. Any Nikon or Canon DSLR would be a great camera to start with.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
thanks-
jen

Rachelle said...

Wow, I can't believe they had enough hair for a haircut! The all look adorable in their capes.